Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flora and Fauna (and Food)

Being jobless can be very boring at times. So I've started doing things that I've never imagined I'd ever do, like cleaning... gardening... and cooking... Do I hear gasps of disbelief? :P

Well seeing is believing... so, here are the evidence:

This is my little vege patch... there's dwarf beans on the left, half a bokchoy in the centre, and broccoli on the right. These were planted last week and hey they're still alive!



My hanging flowers which are thriving on the patio.














The culprits responsible for my half-eaten bokchoy:

The spotted rabbit is probably wild and would run if we approach it. The brown rabbit however is very friendly and would let us stroke its ears if we feed it. They never come to the house together though... are rabbits territorial? Anyway we've put a mesh on the gate between the front yard and back so that they can't get to the vege patch. Otherwise, guess what will be on the menu? ;)
















Speaking of menus, I've become quite good at cooking and have been experimenting with different combinations every night. Well, nobody's had food poisoning yet, so that's good enough for me :D




Fish with tomato and spring onion












Chili beef with red hot chili padi... boring cabbage on the left isn't cooked by me hehe.





Ok, next pic has nothing to do with flora, or fauna, and definitely not edible - but I'm too lazy to start a new post just to put one pic. This is our new car, a Mitsubishi Colt which we bought from John Hughes. The salesman was very friendly and sweet, he even gave me a bunch of flowers for being such an easy customer. As you can see it was presented to me with a sign with my name on it (even though they got my title wrong :P)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, Jo's here... wowie ! your beef chilli looks soooo delicious lah.. you can COOK !!!... and do gardening !!! I'm very IMPRESSED ! hehehehe... I'm hopeless in gardening, my flora & fauna always ended up dead :P... Nway, nice ride you both got thr ! Seems that you both are enjoying life in Perth... so happy for the both of you... be sure to update your blog regularly ya ;)..

Take care dearie & God Bless !!

ULAI said...

who cook the boring cabbage? pet kah? hahaha! but still look delicious.

ChrisPeeDuck said...

She tipued that, its the other way around :P

babyjue said...

gasps? i couldn't breath for a good 20 seconds!

hehe. lisa mellowing.

the two rabbits are so cute. makes me want to go out and buy a pair.

i think pet was trying to impress you with his postmodern minimalist philosophy with the cabbage thing bah. {pet you owe me teh c}

hope pet soong likes the car too. :P

Unknown said...

Is the metal pot next to the fish+tomato for the fish-bones???

Thanks a zillion for buying the car for my wife..... I'm sure she'll appreciate it....

Lisa said...

hahahah very funny bro :P and that metal pot has soup in it, also not cooked by me ;) vinee wouldn't like that car, it's quite small... but good enough cos the speed limit here is 60kph... on a highway

Anonymous said...

That 60km /hr is her TURNING speed....

And she can fiddle with credit cards/ change cashcards / change radio stations/ cds, plus scolding kids and the front seat passenger ...all at the same time, while driving at the expressways.... at twice her turning speed.....

Anonymous said...

Wow I didn't know thay sell wooden Honda cars in Australia !!! In the very car shop you bought your Colt !!

Anonymous said...

Eh your food looks good but cutlery-setting seems Korean-styled. Whoa...placemats somemore! Really free ah want to wash more stuff. Yeah Jo's right. Waitg for govt to fine me $10 cos drove thru ERP gantry while fidgetg with cashcard which I accidentally removed. Late to pick Hugh fr sch, another $10 fine. My FINE life!

Lisa said...

yeah what to do, that's a 'fine' country you live in :) $10 is a really cheap fine though, over here i think a speeding ticket will cost you about AUD200

Anne said...

I stumbled upon your blog while browsing for some infos on WA. Looking for a nice and safe area to live wt my family..we r frm Msia :)

Looking forward to reading more of your entries!.